100% Compliance Support
All Financial Services in One Place
Online FSSAI License Registration
Online Registration of an FSSAI is now easy with Tax Robo's simple registration process. Register today!
Start with the customer – find out what they want and give it to them.
What is FSSAI?
In order to run a food Business in India, it is first of all important to get a food license.
A food license is a certificate of safety in regard to consumption and its effects on the health of humans.
This certificate is issued in India by FSSAI which stands for food safety and standards authority of India.
FSSAI is established by the Indian Government under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
FSSAI looks after every aspect of food production and selling, right from manufacturing, storage & distribution to sale and import.
Each State in India has its own State food safety and standards organization, empowered by the Central.
Every FSSAI Registration & State FSSAI license is issued by State FSSAI which grants a Business permission to sell food products.
The FSSAI License is a 14-digit no. that needs to be printed on all food packages by any Business registered with FSSAI, failing to do so will lead the company to pay heavy fines.
3 types of Licenses based on the turnover of the company are given by FSSAI. They are :
- Businesses with turnover of Rs.12 lacs.
- Businesses with turnover between Rs.12 lacs to Rs.2 crores.
- Businesses with a turnover exceeding Rs.2 crores.
What is an eating house and how to acquire an eating house license?
Any shop that sells food can be called an eating house.
Shops, Restaurants, street food kiosks, dhaba, clubs, bars etc. can be put into the category of an eating house.
An eating house license grants permission to the above mentioned places to operate and serve food. As mentioned earlier, this permit is mandatory for food Business owners and operating these shops without a food permit is liable to be shut down, with owners fined heavily for their disregarding the rules.
How can food Business owners apply for a food license?
The application can be made online on the office website of the FSSAI along with submission of documents necessary for registration and a small fee.
Once the application has been submitted, it can take about 30 to 90 days for the application to be accepted. Upon successful completion of the process, a food license will be issued to the owner of the Business, which will be valid for a period of about 3 years.
FSSAI Registration Packages
* All Inclusive
- FSSAI Registration
- Food License Consulting
- Applicable only for small business with state license
- Including Government Charges
* All Exclusive
- FSSAI Registration
- Applicable for all medium business with state license only
- Preparation of Statutory Records
- FSSAI Certificate
- Free Experts Consulting
- Including Government Charges
Important Steps for before Food License Registration
Knowledge of the Business
✓ Do you have previous experience in the same Business? how many years?
✓ Product analysis with the questions of whether the product is under any restricted sales in India eg. Cement, Steel.
✓ Marketing strategy is available with target customers.
✓ Pricing of products and margin available in the product.
Growth of the Business
✓ Growth of the Business in India for the next 5 to 10 years.
✓ Feasibility report of the Business and products.
✓ Business plans and projected Financial Product for 5 years.
Funds – Working Capital
✓ Sufficient working capital required for running the Business for a minimum period of 3 months. The funds can be own funds or Bank funds.
✓ How many months of Investment in the Business have required, returns on investments, and working capital funds available for fixed expense months?
Documents Required Registration of Food License Registration (FSSAI)
Scanned copy of PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport , Driving License
Registered Office Proof
No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the owner, Utility bill (should not be older than two months) and Notarized Rent agreement (in case of rented property) / Registry Proof or House Tax Receipt (in case of owned property)
Latest Bank statement/ Utility bill in the name of director which should not be older than two months
Latest passport size photograph
Following documents may be required. It is advised for the applicant to keep every document ready and in scanned format.
- Proof of identification such as PAN Card details, Passport, Voter ID, drivers licence and so on.
- Proof of residence such as Passport, Voter ID, Government Bank account etc.
- Proof of ownership or lease documents if the land is being rented.
- Registration documents of the company or establishment to prove that it is valid.
- Self-attested no objection certificate (NOC) from the owner of the premise, if it is being rented out for an eatery.
- Trade License from NDMC/DCB/MCD/Airport Operator depending on the location of the establishment.
- Certification of Incorporation of the companies and LLP.
- Memorandum of Association of the eating house and LLP.
- Complete list of Director or Partner Names and the current Form 32.
- The nomination of the Authorised signatory on the company's letterhead. This could be more than one individual.
- Resolution of the board for conducting Business.
- Copy of the FSSAI license/registration papers.
- Updated GST registration certificate.
- Certificate of registration issued by the Labour Department, GNCT of the State.
- Fire Safety Certification applicable for eating houses, seating a minimum of 50 people at a time.
- List of all employees working in the eating house including food handler details – their name, parentage, and address.
- Consent Letter from the DPCC (a provisional license provided based on the application submission proof).
- Approved site plan with Fire Safety measure certificates.
- Self-attested prescribed Affidavit for issuing a fresh license.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
- Permissions from the Indian Performing Right Society (IPRS), for having amusement activities like DJ, Live Band, and Discotheque.
- Proof of CCTV or surveillance systems installed along with atleast 30 days of video recording having the details of installation or invoice of CCTV, etc.
- Photographs of the allocated space.
Compliance After Registration of Food License Registration (FSSAI)
✓ File GST return every month without delay
✓ PF & ESI return filing
✓ TDS Payments & Return filings
✓ Advance Tax payments
✓ File Income Tax return by every year before due date
✓ GST registration
✓ PF & ESI Registration if applicable
✓ Profession Tax registration
✓ Import & Export Code registration
✓ STPI Registration / SEZ registration
✓ Secretarial compliance required for passing resolutions, Change in Management, entering contracts, loan obligations etc
Accounts & Operations
✓ Open a Bank account with one Private Bank and one scheduled Bank
✓ Get one accounting software with GST facility
✓ Review Financial Products performance by every 3 months
✓ Compare the budget amount with actual Financial Products results
" Tax Robo is the Ideal Firm for us, They Have Great Client Service, are willing to help with just about anything and are very experienced with our Industry. They take the time to discuss our objectives and always seem to get things done either on time or early. We like the fact that they are local and always within reach and overall they are just a nice group of people to work with."
" Always available and Extremely Knowledgeable, and a Tremendous "Can-Do" Attitude. Our Company was on a tight timeline and strict budget to Company Registration of a Private Limited Company, and will was the perfect partner. His Guidance and advise was valuable in Company Registration and Tax Compliance Which easily exceeded my expectations... the entire company was thrilled with it! Without any hesitation... highly recommended."
" Filing Income Tax Returns was always a Tricky Business. I once received a notice from Tax Officials starting I was disguising my total annual Income. Turns out I had missed mentioning one small point in my application. It was a troublesome experience. It was then I decided I would seek professional help. TAXROBO came into the picture after some research & I'm glad I found them. They took it upon themselves to compute my taxes precisely & also suggested tips to Invest in certain instruments to save the Tax Money. "